This blog documents the modifications necessary to get seaworthy (warts and all), then the adventures (hopefully) on board our Trailer Sailer 6.1 metre Jarcat6 Catamaran, Kismet.

Friday 30 November 2018

Prep for new Chainplate wedges

I had a few hours for Kismet today. The port side had been mostly painted where I needed to glue (epoxy) my new support hardwood.

So I masked up the area and sanded back to almost bare wood.
The masking tape is 2 to 3mm outside the wedge area.

The starboard side was not painted as much so I sanded back the paint bits and ensured that I had roughed up the epoxy coating.

I also drilled out the lower existing chainplate holes to 6mm (the scuff marks aren't from my drill).
Then I went and got lunch...it took 1 1/2 hours (not lunch, the work).

I was hoping to get the wedges epoxied in place today but it was little too late in the day as I'd like to go back a few hours later to check nothing bad has happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment