This blog documents the modifications necessary to get seaworthy (warts and all), then the adventures (hopefully) on board our Trailer Sailer 6.1 metre Jarcat6 Catamaran, Kismet.

Thursday 19 December 2019

Altona to Wyndham Harbour and back.

November 27th 2019. I took my son sailing for his first time since we've had our Jarcat6. We launched at Altona, sailing over to Wyndham Harbour, had lunch and sailed back. It was a long day - 08:30 start to 23:30 back home.


William at the tiller.
I reminded him abut doing up his PFD shortly after taking this picture.
Holding his sunglasses was a joke from our Whitsunday holiday where my daughter was photographed several times holding her sunglasses. Son joked that it was her navigation system.
This was about halfway - just past Point Cook.

Kismet at her visitors berth.

The return journey.

We had lunch at Wyndham Harbour and hung around a bit too long, leaving at 16:15. We arrived at Altona just in time to battle with the fishermen coming in with their powerboats. Caught some abuse for taking more than a minute to retrieve. With 6 lanes you think you wouldn't line up behind the sailboat.
It was a difficult retrieve. The wind was off the dock at about 15 to 20 knots and we needed two stern ropes to get enough grip to be able to hold her near the dock (by hand while walking her forward).
I need to be more pushy at the ramp. I lost my place a couple of times assuming I would get time to walk the boat forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment